ryan.sandridge.org

Building Improved iTunes Web View

I've spent the past few days working on importing my iTunes xml file into a MySQL database, and setting up PHP code to view the database. Learned the hard way after at least an hour trying to figure out why one of my global variables kept retaining its old values after doing an unset on it. Turns out you can't just unset them in the normal way. You have to: unset($GLOBALS['variable']); How peculiar. I also discovered TextWrangler this weekend. I've always known about it, but was so disenchanted with Bare Bones after they made BBEdit a complicated mess and started charging for it. But TextWrangler has gone back to the BBEdit fundamentals. If you'd like to see my work in progress, check out this page.

Tagged with

Add Comment.